Stories at Fern is open to all. We meet to share stories, and we welcome story listeners.
Scroll down for the complete 2020/21 calendar. All events will be online until further notice – look at the specific post for an event for details about how to join us.
To members who have paid their dues – thank you for your support! If you would like to become a member or pay your $25 annual dues, you are always welcome. If you are just dropping in to a virtual event, the suggested donation is $5, which can be made in three ways: via Paypal (paypal.me/storytellersvictoria), an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us to obtain a mailing address for a cheque.
When in-person meetings resume, we’ll look for you at 1831 Fern St, a wheelchair accessible building in Victoria. (We suggest parking on Begbie St) Doors open at 7;15 pm and telling begins at 7:30. Admission is $5, students $3, and there is no charge for online events.
Mark your calendars!
Do you have a story to share?
If you’d like to tell a story, you’re welcome to participate. To be added to the line-up, please contact the host in advance. Be sure to include the date you wish to tell your story. We have a couple of suggestions for storytellers:
- Come prepared. If you need to refer to paper, we suggest rescheduling for another day
- Be mindful. We suggest 7-10 minutes maximum, and sometimes that means editing your points. This isn’t a firm limit, and your story can be longer. Simply let the host know how much time you’ll need, so the sequence of storytellers can be adjusted for a better audience experienc.
- Tip! rehearsing with a timer can help you to establish how much space your story needs
- September through May we meet on the third Monday of the month.
- In December and June we meet on the second Monday.
- There are no meetings in July and August.