Stories at Fern meetings take place at 1831 Fern Street. Doors open at 7:15pm and telling begins at 7:30. These meetings are open to all (Admission $5; students $3). We share stories and welcome new members.
February 17, 2020
Theme: Try a Little Love … Love, Life, Friendship
Mark your calendars: still to come in 2020!
- March 17, 2020, Fern St
- April 20, 2020, Fern St, Theme: Colour My World …Tales I’ve Never Told
- May 18, 2020, Fern St, Host: Lee Porteous, and guests: Young Spoken Word Performers
- June 8, 2020, Fern St, Theme: A Lesson Remembered
Do you have a story to share?
If you’d like to tell a story, you’re welcome to join. To be added to the line-up, please contact the host in advance. Be sure to include the date you wish to tell your story. We have a couple of suggestions for storytellers:
- Come prepared. If you need to refer to paper, we suggest rescheduling for another day
- Be mindful. We suggest 7-10 minutes maximum, and sometimes that means editing your points. This isn’t a firm limit, and your story can be longer. Simply let the host know how much time you’ll need, so the sequence of storytellers can be adjusted for a better audience experienc.
- Tip!: rehearsing with a timer can help you to establish how much space your story needs
- September through May we meet on the third Monday of the month.
- In December and June we meet on the second Monday.
- There are no meetings in July and August.